Fujifilm X-T2 officially announced with new autofocus system and 4K video recording capabilities.
The camera uses the same 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III APS-C sensor found on the flagship X-Pro2 model. It also comes with an upgraded hybrid AF system with more focus points, as well as an AF-point selection joystick.
Fujifilm X-T2 provides a faster top mechanical shutter speed of 1/8000 sec (1/32000 sec electronic), an improved AF-C algorithm. It has an unchanged 2.36 million-dot OLED EVF from its predecessor.
Fujifilm X-T2 Mirrorless Camera Officially Announced
Fuji has updated its premium SLR-style X-series lineup with the X-T2. It is the ultimate mirrorless camera that uses advanced technologies to achieve premium image quality. The camera is weather-sealed like the X-T1.
The X-T2 offers outstanding image quality with FUJIFILM’s colour reproduction formulated over 80 years. It has price tag for $1,599.95.
FUJIFILM X-T2 key features:
- 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III Sensor
- Dust and moisture-resistant body with approximately 63 points of weather sealing; Freeze resistance to 14°F
- X-Processor Pro
– Phase detection AF and motion predictive AF for continuous shooting up to 8 frames per second (fps)
– Up to 11fps using Booster Grip
- High-precision 0.48-inch, 2.36 million dot OLED viewfinder
– Viewfinder magnification for digital cameras of 0.77x
– Wide viewing angle (diagonal 38° and horizontal 31°)
– Ultra-fast Real Time Viewfinder with a lag-time of 0.005sec (less than 1/10 of existing models)
– Automatic Brightness Adjustment function
– EVF refreshes at a rate of 60fps, or as high as 100fps in the Boost mode
– Continuous shooting of 5fps in Live View
- Full 4K 3840×2160 30P/25P/24P shooting (Using a card with the UHS Speed Class 3 or higher)
– Continuous recording: up to approximately 10 minutes
– Full HD 1920×1080 60P/50P/30P/25P/24P, Continuous recording: up to approximately 15 minutes
– HD 1280×720 60P/50P/30P/25P/24P, Continuous recording: up to approximately 29 minutes
- Four different display modes: Full, Normal, Dual and Vertical
- Tempered glass 1.04 million dot high-precision 3” tilting LCD monitor
- Digital Split Image and Focus Highlight Peaking
- Wi-Fi and remote camera operation
- ISO200 – 6400, extended ISO 100, 12800, 25600, Auto (maximum ISO setting from ISO 400 – ISO6400 available) with High ISO 51200 setting
- Lens Modulation Optimizer technology maximizes each lens’ performance
- In-camera RAW converter
- Die-cast magnesium body provides a sturdy and durable, while compact and lightweight design
- Two command dials and six Function buttons for instant control and customization
- Interval timer shooting for Time Lapse photography is available with intervals of 1 second to 24 hours and up to “∞” frames
- Advanced filters and Film Simulations, including ACROS
FUJIFILM X-T2 Accessories:
- Vertical Power Booster Grip (optional VPB-XT2) New
- X-T2 Metal Hand Grip (MHG-XT2) New
- X-T2 Bottom Leather Case (BLC-XT2) New
- X-T2 Cover Kit (CVR-XT2) New
- NP-W126S Rechargeable Battery New
- Five dedicated flash models to choose from depending on requirements (EF-X500 New, EF-X8, EF-X20, EF-20, EF-42)
- Battery Pack EF-BP1, compatible with EF-X500 New
- Protective Filters (PRF-39, PRF-52, PRF-58, PRF-62 and PRF-72)
- M Mount Adapter for additional lens compatibility
- Remote Release (RR-90)
- Stereo Microphone (MIC-ST1)
The Fujifilm X-T2 body-only will be available in September for $1,599.95. It will have a price of $1,899.95 with the XF 18-55mm kit.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".