Panasonic has released a firmware update for its Lumix DMC-GX85 / GX80 mirrorless camera. The new firmware version 1.1 further enhancing the camera’s performance by adding the Focus Stacking function.
Taking a single macro photo with specific areas in focus can sometimes be difficult. Focus Stacking enables users to take multiple images of the same frame with different areas in focus, then combine all or selected focus areas into one image.
The firmware update also adds other improvements to enhance the operability of the LUMIX DMC-GX85. The Focus Bracket menu now has a Sequence function. It allows users to set the bracket images to be shot farther and closer from the initial focus position, or farther away. Also, Flash Mode can be set to forced-off when using a built-in flash.
The Panasonic GX85 is priced for $799.99 with a 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 collapsible kit zoom.
Panasonic adds Focus Stacking function to Lumix DMC-GX85
Here are the improvements:
- Focus Stacking is now available.
New function which enables the user to enlarge focus area after shooting by combining multiple images shot with Post Focus function.
- [Sequence] can now be selected for Focus Bracket recording.
- [Flash Mode] can now be set to [Forced Flash Off] for built-in flash.
Version 1.1 of the GX85/GX80 firmware is available at the Panasonic’s support website.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 specifications
- 16MP Live MOS Sensor
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 2.76m-Dot 0.7x Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- UHD 4K Video Recording at 30/24 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- ISO 25600 and 10 fps Shooting with AF-S
- DFD AF System, 4K Photo Modes
- 5-Axis Image Stabilization, Dual I.S.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".