Fotodiox has announced their new FUSION Smart AF Adapter which allows autofocus with Nikon G lenses on Sony E-mount cameras.
The new Fotodiox Fusion Smart AF adapter (Nikon AF-I/AF-S lens to Sony E-mount mirrorless camera) with full automated functions (full aperture control, autofocus, image stabilization, EXIF data) is now shipping.
Fotodiox’s new FUSION lens adapter lets you mount Nikon lenses onto a Sony E-mount camera, all while maintaining electronic communication between the two.
New FotodioX FUSION Smart AF Adapter for Nikon F Lens to Sony E-Mount
- Sophisticated breakthrough aperture control system enables Sony camera full electronic control of Nikon AF-I and AF-S lenses for Auto, Aperture Priority, and Program AE modes.
- Sony camera can record EXIF data from Nikon AF-I and AF-S lenses.
- Auto focus in high-speed and low-speed modes with Nikon AF-I and AF-S lenses.
- Powered VR image stabilization in compatible lenses.
- Compatible with all manual vintage Nikon F mount lenses.
- Infinity focus guaranteed for all Nikon lenses.
- Aluminum construction with integrated baseplate and 1/4-20″ mount for supporting longer and heavier lenses
Sony Alpha E-mount Cameras (popular cameras include): Sony a7, a7R, a7S, a7 II, a7R II, a7S II, Sony a3000, a5000, a6000, a3500, a5100, QX1, PXW-FS7, Sony NEX-3, NEX-5, NEX-C3, NEX-5N, NEX-7, NEX-F3, NEX-5R, NEX-6, Sony NEX-VG10, NEX-VG20, NEX-VG30, NEX-VG900, NEX-FS100, NEX-FS700, NEX-EA50
Auto Focus Speed
The Nikon to Sony E-mount FUSION adapter’s auto-focus functions are designed to work best with newer cameras that have ‘Phase Detection AF’ such as the Sony a7R II and a6500 cameras. The FUSION adapter will work with cameras that use “Contrast Detection AF”. But performance is significantly slower. We don’t recommend this configuration. All other non-focus functions work equally well on all Sony cameras.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".