Fujifilm will release a new firmware update for its X-T1 and X-T2 mirrorless cameras on November 8, 2016. Fujifilm X-T2 firmware will be updated to version 1.10 while the X-T1 will get the version 5.00 update.
The updated Fujifilm X-T2 firmware version 1.10 introduces tethered shooting function. This new addon allows users to connect the camera to a computer via a USB cable. It also allows you to capture and save your images directly onto computer, and control the camera from the computer.
See the firmware details and download link below.
Fujifilm X-T2 Firmware Version 1.10 & X-T1 Ver 5.0 Updates Coming on November 8, 2016
Improvements with this firmware update:
- Tether shooting is available via USB connection. You will require additional software stated below to use the tether shooting function.
- Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Ver.1.3 or later*
- Tether Shooting Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Ver.1.3 or later*
- Tethered Shooting Software HS-V5 Ver.1.3 or later
* Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 6 or CC is required.
You can follow the firmware upgrade on Fujifilm Website.
The camera uses the same 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III APS-C sensor found on the flagship X-Pro2 model. Comes with an upgraded hybrid AF system with more focus points, as well as an AF-point selection joystick.
Fujifilm X-T2 provides a faster top mechanical shutter speed of 1/8000 sec (1/32000 sec electronic), an improved AF-C algorithm. It has an unchanged 2.36 million-dot OLED EVF from its predecessor.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".