Fujifilm has announced the X100F, a new addition to the X Series range of premium compact cameras.
The X100F features a 24.3MP X-Trans III APS-C sensor and X-Processor Pro image processor borrowed from the X-T2. It has the further evolution of the renowned Advanced Hybrid Viewfinder, which can switch between optical and electronic viewfinders.
With the new X100F, the AF system has been further developed, which is a major hassle for X100-series cameras. The number of autofocus points has been increased from 49 to 91 and fastest AF acquisition time improved to 0.08 seconds. The premium-compact now provides a startup time of 0.5 sec and 0.2 sec shutter release.
The Fujifilm X100F will be available February 16th in black or silver for $1299/£1249.
Fujifilm unveiled the X100F premium fixed-lens mirrorless compact
Fujifilm has announced the fourth in its series of X100 rangefinder-style cameras: the X100F. The X100F features an updated sensor, revamped autofocus system, larger battery and tweaked ergonomics.
The most obvious difference is the X100F’s new front control dial, which brings the total dial-count to three.
FUJIFILM X100F Key Features:
- 24.3MP APS-C size X-Trans CMOS III sensor
- Advanced Hybrid Viewfinder (OVF / EVF) equipped with an Electronic Rangefinder
- Intelligent Hybrid AF in 0.08 seconds
- Fast start-up time of 0.5 seconds
- Shutter time lag of 0.01 seconds
- Shooting interval of 0.2 seconds
- FUJINON 23mm (35mm in 35mm format Equivalent) F2 lens in 8 glass elements in 6 groups with FUJINON’s proprietary HT-EBC coating
- ND filter equivalent to 3 stops of aperture
- High-definition 1.04M-dot 3” LCD
- NEW ‘ACROS’ film simulation mode
- Focus Peaking function and Digital Split Image display even in the OVF
- Extended full HD Video Recording
- Full HD videos at 59.94 fps, 50 fps, 29.97 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps and 23.98 fps with Film Simulation effects
- Six AF Modes
- Single Point, Zone and Wide/Tracking for both AF-S for stationary, and AF-C for moving subjects
- Intelligent Hybrid AF: switches between Phase Detection AF and Contrast AF according to scene
The LCD screen is the same, but controls are now arranged on the right of the display, with an AF selection joystick added at upper-right. This is the same control in the X-Pro2 and X-T2. Another one is the addition of an integrated ISO dial to the shutter speed dial on the X100F’s top-plate. This matches the same dial on the X-Pro2.
FUJIFILM X100F Accessories:
- Leather Case LC-X100F: User can now change the battery and media card while the case is attached to the camera.
- Wide Conversion Lens WCL-X100 II: Dedicated wide conversion lens that multiplies the fixed focal length by approximately 0.8x. It converts to 23mm (35mm format equivalent) for capturing broader views when shooting in tight spots or landscapes.
- Tele-Conversion Lens TCL-X100 II: Dedicated tele-conversion lens for narrowing the field of view by multiplying the fixed focal length by approximately 1.4x, converting it to 50mm (35mm format equivalent). Makes it ideal for shooting portraits or close-up photography from as close as approximately 5.5in / 14cm.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".