Canon has announced the EOS M6 mirrorless camera with Dual Pixel CMOS AF. The new camera will be on display at the CP+ 2017 event.
The new EOS M6 shares essentially all of the M5’s internal components. It is an upgraded version of the EOS M3, which was released in 2015.
The specs list include the 24MP APS-C sensor with Dual Pixel CMOS AF, Digic 7 processor. The new MILC also capable of recording videos at 1080/60p. Bundled with 3″ touchscreen, Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth on the connectivity side.
The Canon EOS M6 will start shipping from April 2017 in both black and silver. The price will stand at $780 body-only, with the EF-M 15-45mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM for $900 or with the EF-M 18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM for $1280. The EVF-DC2 is priced at $250 and also comes in black and silver.
Canon EOS M6 mirrorless camera officially announced
The company also announced an optional electronic viewfinder called the EVF-DC2. This 2.36M-dot EVF can be used with the M6. It is smaller and lighter than the EVF-DC1 used by the M3. The MILC gains an additional top plate control dial compared to the M3, which should improve handling.
EOS M6 Key Features
- Fast & Accurate Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Phase-detection
- 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) Sensor
- High-speed Continuous Shooting at up to 7.0 frames per second (fps) (up to 9.0 fps with AF Lock)
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor, ISO 100–25600
- Full HD 60p
- Combination IS with five-axis Image Stabilization*
- Built-in Wi-Fi®2, NFC3 and Bluetooth®4 technology
- Intuitive Touch Screen, 3.0-inch Tilt-type LCD
- Control & Customize with Five Functional Dials
- Compatible with EF, EF-S and EF-M Lenses & select EOS System Accessories
Electronic Viewfinder EVF-DC2 key benefits:
- Compose with confidence
- A different way of working
- Portable design you can take anywhere
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".