Sony released a firmware update for the newly announced Sony Alpha A9 mirrorless sports cameras.
Firmware version 1.10 simply improves the image quality and overall stability of the camera. Also fixes an issue where RAW files may disappear when SDXC or microSDXC memory cards are used in certain smartphones.
Unfortunately this upgrade doesn’t feature the so-called S-log support yet. Check out the details and download links of this A9 firmware v1.10 below.
Sony A9 firmware update V1.10 fixes bug and improves image quality
Sony A9 comes with a stacked CMOS sensor with incredible autofocus coverage. The camera features a 24.2MP full-frame Exmor RS stacked CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor.
It is capable of recording UHD 4K video internally, and shooting with an expanded sensitivity range to ISO 204,800. The price of the high-end product is $4,500. Check out the the major stores like Amazon, Adorama and B&H.
Benefits and improvements from the latest update
- Supports “Eye AF” function for A-mount lenses via the LA-EA3 mount adapter *1
- Fixes an issue where RAW files may disappear when SDXC or microSDXC memory cards are used in certain smartphones *2
- Improves the image quality and overall stability of the camera
*1: This function is only for A-mount lenses which can adapt to 8 or 10 fps (maximum) tracking AF-C shooting. See here for details.
*2: Raw data recorded by the ILCE-9 with firmware Ver. 1.00 or 1.01 could disappear. Please backup your raw data files, even if you’re updating the system software to Ver. 1.10.
- Download the Sony A9 Firmware Update V1.10 from Sony USA
- Download the Sony A9 Firmware Update V1.10 from Sony Australia
Check out the Sony a9 accessories:
- Sony VG-C3EM Vertical Grip for a9: $348 at Amazon.
- Sony PCK-LG1 Screen Protect Glass Sheet: $29.99 at Amazon.
- Sony NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (2280mAh): $78 at Amazon.
- Sony GP-X1EM Grip Extension: $128 at Amazon.
- Sony NPAMQZ1K Multi Battery Adaptor Kit: $398 at Amazon.
- Sony BC-QZ1 Battery Charger: $88 at Amazon.