Fujifilm has released firmware updates for its X-E3 and X-Pro2 camera bodies. The update to version 1.10 on the X-E3 adds auto geotagging and Date/Time synchronization by Bluetooth pairing and version 4.01 on the X-Pro2 fixes an issue that could occasionally cause the cameras to lock up.
To use this geotagging on X-E3, the application software “FUJIFILM Camera Remote” needs to be upgrade to the latest version Ver.3.1.0. You can download the Fujifilm remote app from the iTunes Store and Google Play Store.
More details about the X-E3 and X-Pro2 firmware updates with download links can be found below.
Fujifilm X-E3 and X-Pro2 Firmware Updates Released
The firmware update Ver.1.10 from Ver.1.00 incorporates the following issues:
- 1.Auto Geotagging and Date/Time synchronization by Bluetooth pairing
When connecting to Bluetooth, Geotagging and Date/Time information of a camera can be synchronized with the information of a smartphone. “SMARTPHONE SYNC. SETTING” is added in Bluetooth SETTING.*To use this function, the application software “FUJIFILM Camera Remote” needs to be upgrade to the latest version Ver.3.1.0.
- 2.The phenomenon is fixed that live view blinks on LCD and EVF with face detection and dynamic range 400% setting.
The firmware update Ver.4.01 from Ver.4.00 incorporates the following issue:
- 1.A phenomenon of freeze is fixed. It will occur in case you try to shoot pictures when all the three settings below are set at the same time after the firmware has been upgraded to version 4.00.
1. IMAGE QUALITY : FINE+RAW or NORMAL + RAW
2. RAW RECORDING : LOSSLESS COMPRESSED
3. DRIVE : any of ADVANCED FILTER