New firmware update extends functionality of mirrorless system camera FUJIFILM X-T20
FUJIFILM announces a firmware update for the mirrorless system camera FUJIFILM X-T20. The free update extends the Range of functions and improves the operation of the camera. With the new firmware, the X-T20 is compatible with the RAW conversion software “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO”.
This allows the RAW data directly in camera when connected to a computer via a USB cable. is bound. The update also provides photographers with advanced flash features in the Radio remote control of compatible studio flash units from other manufacturers. About that It also introduces a new algorithm for improved AF-C tracking.
The firmware update for the X-T20 will be available in early April 2018.
Firmware version: FUJIFILM X-T20 (Ver. 2.00)
- Improved AF tracking
With the newly developed scene recognition algorithm, the camera can track even smaller moving objects twice as fast as with the previous firmware version.
- Improved touchscreen operation
With the update, the X-T20 receives many of the touchscreen features already familiar from the FUJIFILM X-E3:
1. Enlarge display: When you double-tap, the picture is magnified and centered on the focus point.
2. Focus range selection: The user can move the focus point even when magnified.
3. Zoom in / out: If you split or contract two fingers on the display, you can now also change the thumbnail (9 pictures / 100 pictures).
4. Select an image from the thumbnail view by tapping or dragging the image, or double-tap to full view.
5. Function Selection via Quick Menu (Q)
6. On-screen keyboard *
* Except for some functions.
- Compatible with “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO”
With the FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO software, RAW data can be converted using the on-board X-Processor Pro when the camera is connected to the computer via a USB cable. Fast batch processing of several recordings in quick succession is also possible. “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO” is available as a free download on the FUJIFILM website.
- User-defined operation of the FUJINON XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ
After updating the firmware, the operation of the new zoom lens FUJINON XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ can be configured as follows:
1. Occupy focus ring with zoom function
2. Maintaining the zoom position during time-lapse recording
3. Maintaining the zoom position in playback mode (faster Readiness to reactivate the recording mode)
- More flash functions for radio remote control of studio flash units
With the update, the high-speed flash synchronization and the TTL flash exposure mode can now also be used with radio remote control of compatible studio flash units from other manufacturers.
- Display RGB histogram and overexposure warning
A function key can be used to fade in the RGB histogram as well as to activate the overexposure warning (blinking of overexposed areas).
- Enlarged and custom viewfinder display
With the firmware update, the information displayed in the viewfinder and on the display can be enlarged. The position of the display can now also be selected by the user.
Also join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography.