Tamron is working on a 28-75mm F2.8 lens for full-frame Sony mirrorless cameras. This is the Tamron’s first ever lens for the Sony full-frame E-mount system.
The new high-speed standard zoom lens, 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD will offer a minimum focus distance of 19cm/7.5in at wide-angle, will measure 11.7cm/4.6in long and weigh in at 19.4oz/1.2lb. Tamron claims the lens will offer excellent optical performance and high-quality bokeh. An ‘RXD’ stepping motor autofocus unit provides quiet operation for video applications, and the whole thing will be moisture-resistant.
The lens incorporates an all-new high-speed and precise AF driving system called RXD(Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive) which operates with remarkable quietness, making it perfect for video use. It’s also compatible with the “Direct Manual Focus (DMF)” feature that enables Sony cameras to instantly switch between autofocus and manual focus.
Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD Lens Announced for Sony E-Mount
- Superb optical performance, including both outstanding image quality and beautiful background blur effects (bokeh), provided by fast F/2.8 aperture.
- Comfortably lightweight (550g) and compact (117.8mm).
- Close-focusing; Minimum Object Distance: 0.19m at wide-angle setting and 0.39m at the telephoto position.
- All-new “RXD” stepping motor AF unit is extremely quiet and therefore perfect for video capture.
- Exciting next-generation design keeping the brand consistency that is ergonomically superb.
- Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating for weather protection.
- Compatible with the “Direct Manual Focus (DMF)” feature that enables Sony cameras to instantly switch between autofocus and manual focus.
The Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD will be available from mid-2018, price to be announced.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".