Meyer-Optik Goerlitz has announced its latest ‘world’s fastest’ f/0.95 lens, launching the Nocturnus 75mm f/0.95, priced at €1,899 on an early bird special.
It will feature a 15-bladed iris that Meyer says will help to create bokeh ideal for portrait work. The aperture will be click-less to allow silent operation for filmmakers, and will close steplessly to F16.
Nocturnus 75mm f/0.95 specifications
- Focal Length: 75mm
- Aperture range: f0.95 – f16
- Mounts: Fuji X, Sony E, Leica M
- Angle of view: 32°
- Minimum Focal Distance: 0,9m
- Filter Thread: 72mm
- Elements/Glasses: 5 Elements in 5 Groups
- Aperture Blades: 15, with special anti-reflex coating
- Weight: ~ 750g
Meyer-Optik says it is releasing the Nocturnus 75mm f/0.95 at a price tag of €1,899 on an early bird special, with the expected retail price post-launch to be €3,499.
Visit Meyer-Optik’s website for more information.