The new high-speed lens offers a minimum focus distance of 19cm/7.5in at wide-angle, will measure 11.7cm/4.6in long and weigh in at 19.4oz/1.2lb. Tamron claims the lens will offer excellent optical performance and high-quality bokeh. An ‘RXD’ stepping motor autofocus unit provides quiet operation for video applications, and the whole thing will be moisture-resistant.
Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Di III RXD lens features:
- Superb optical performance, including both outstanding image quality and beautiful background blur effects (bokeh), provided by fast F/2.8 aperture.
- Comfortably lightweight (550g) and compact (117.8mm).
- Close-focusing; Minimum Object Distance: 0.19m at wide-angle setting and 0.39m at the telephoto position.
- All-new “RXD” stepping motor AF unit is extremely quiet and therefore perfect for video capture.
- Exciting next-generation design keeping the brand consistency that is ergonomically superb.
- Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating for weather protection.
- Compatible with the “Direct Manual Focus (DMF)” feature that enables Sony cameras to instantly switch between autofocus and manual focus.
The Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD will be available from mid-2018.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".