Two new Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras coming with 45MP and 24MP sensors. Accordingly, one of the Nikon full frame mirrorless camera will be introduced to the market as a rival to the entry-level Sony A7 III.
Along with the two new cameras, three lenses will be announced for the new system. They are going to be the 24-70mm standart zoom, 35mm and 50mm prime optics.
First rumored specifications of two new Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras
- Two full frame mirrorless cameras coming together: one is 24-25MP CMOS sensor and one is 45MP CMOS sensor (48MP is also a possibility).
- Similar body size to the recently released Sony a7 III camera but with better ergonomics and a better grip. (To compete with Sony a7 III)
- 5-axis in-body stabilization
- New mirrorless mount, could be rumored Z-mount.
- The new mirrorless mount will allow for f/0.95 lenses – Nikon has already filed NOCT trademark and f/0.9 lens patents
- Memory cards: XQD card and CF Express card
- EVF resolution: 3.6MP
- At first, three lenses will be announced for Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras : 24-70mm, 35mm and 50mm (The 35 and 50mm prime lenses will likely be f/1.4). There is also talk about a 24mm, but it may come later.
- The 45MP model will be around $4,000/€4,000 in a kit with the 24-70mm lens.
- The 24MP model will be under $3,000/€3,000 (also with a lens).
The official announcement is rumored for the end of July (on or around July 23rd) and shipping shortly after (August 23rd). Maybe we will see the development announcement at the end of July and the official announcement before Photokina 2018.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".