Accordingly, the Nikon Z6 mirrorless camera will be a 24MP resolution model with high speed and low light performance . The Nikon Z7 will have the same high-resolution full-frame sensor as the D850 and come with 45MP resolution .
Along with Nikon Z6 and Z7 full frame mirrorless cameras, the company will also hear three new Z-mount lenses. These include the standard zoom Z-NIKKOR 24-70mm f/4 lens, the Z-NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8 lens for portraits and a wide-angle lens (24mm f/1.8 or 28mm f/1.8 or 35mm f/1.8).
Nikon will also announce a new high-end prime lens: Z-NOCT-NIKKOR 58mm f/0.95 lens. This lens is the first NOCT lens from Nikon. The announcement date for this lens could be along with Nikon Z6 & Z7 on August 23rd or a later date.
More updated Nikon full frame mirrorless camera specs can be found here. Check out the Nikon Full Frame Mirrorless Camera vs Nikon D850 vs Sony a7R III vs Fujifilm GFX 50S comparison images.
- The names of the two new Nikon full-frame cameras will be:
- Nikon Z6 full frame mirrorless: high speed, low light model (24MP)
- Nikon Z7 full frame mirrorless: high-resolution model (45MP)
- The new Nikon mirrorless lenses could be called Z-Nikkor.
- There will be a Nikon Z-Noct-Nikkor 58mm f/0.95 lens
- Next official teaser will concentrate on the inner diameter of the new mount.
- There will be more high-end prime lenses for the new Nikon mirrorless system.
Nikon Z6 and Nikon Z7 mirrorless cameras to be annoounced together with the 24-70mm f/4, 50mm f/1.8 and one more wide angle lens (24mm f/1.8 or 28mm f/1.8 or 35mm f/1.8). Announcement will happen on August 23rd.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".