Here is the recap of all Nikon full frame mirrorless camera rumors. The camera is expected to be announced on August 23 and let’s gather up the rumors that leaked until this time.
What we know generally is that Nikon will target or compete directly with the Sony A7/A7r line of cameras. So the body of the Nikon FF mirrorless cameras will bi similar body size to the Sony a7 III camera but with better ergonomics and a better grip.
Even there is a chance that the new Nikon mirrorless cameras might use existing DSLR batteries the battery life will be worse than the current Nikon DSLRs.
Nikon full frame mirrorless camera specifications
- Two Nikon full-frame mirrorless cameras expected: one with 24-25MP and one with 45MP (48MP is also a possibility
- BSI sensors (supposed to be new gen/tech with advanced AF).
- 5-axis in-body stabilization
- Memory cards: XQD and CF Express
- EVF resolution: 3.6MP (I am not sure if this is MP or million dots).
- Very good video AF features.
- Video AF could be different for the two mirrorless models (the cheaper version may have less AF goodies).
- AF tracking ability of the 45MP version on par or better compared to the current Sony A7 models.
- Over 400 AF points, not sure about the exact number, it should be somewhere between 430-450. The AF is supposed to be very fast.
- The rear LCD screen is tiltable just like the Nikon D850.
- 8K listed in the technical specifications. It might be the 8k time-lapse just like the Nikon D850.
- 4K video.
Nikon full frame mirrorless camera price
- Nikon 45MP full frame mirrorless camera: $4,000/€4,000 in a kit with the 24-70mm lens
- Nikon 24MP full frame mirrorless camera: under $3,000/€3,000 (also including a lens)
Nikon full frame mirrorless camera teaser videos
Last but not least check out the more detail image here.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!