This looks like a major upgrade as the firmware update for Sony A7 III and A7R III. Version 2.0 adds support for the 400mm f/2.8 GM and 24mm f/1.4 GM lenses, improves LA-EA3 mount adaptor support, and offers better reproduction of the gradation of RAW pictures.
Sony A7 III camera is also the new best seller in mirrorless cameras at Amazon, followed by Sony A6000 and Sony A7R III. Check out the Sony A7 III and A7R III Firmware Update 2.0 details and download links below.
Sony A7 III and A7R III Firmware Update 2.0 Details
Benefits and Improvements from the latest update
- Support of “SEL400F28GM”and “SEL24F14GM”
- Optimization of the optical image stabilization performance, and addition of a new image stabilization mode of the lens (Mode 3)(Only “SEL400F28GM”).
- Addition of a Function Ring(Lens) to the menu. Note: For the SEL400F28GM lens, the APS-C S35/Full Frame Sel. setting is assignable to the Function Ring in addition to Power Focus.
- Addition of [Aperture Drive in AF] setting in the menu. *Using the lens “SEL400F28GM” or “SEL24F14GM”, when [Silent priority] is selected, the sound emitted by the aperture drive will be reduced. This is useful in shooting conditions where camera. noise should be kept to a minimum. Note that Auto Focus may become slower when [Silent priority] is selected.
- [AF Track Sens] can be assigned to a custom key.
- When used with the LA-EA3 mount adaptor [link to product page], all focus areas are supported. Note : Focus Area options added : Zone, Expand Flexible Spot, and Lock-on AF. Bracket shooting is available during silent shooting when [File Format] is set to [RAW] or [RAW & JPEG] and [RAW File Type] is set to [Uncompressed].
- Improvement of the performance and the overall stability of the camera.
- Better reproduction of the gradation of RAW pictures. Note: Imaging Edge software needs to be updated to benefit from the improvement in the RAW processing.
- When shooting with a flash in an environment with flickering light sources, the stability of the exposure is improved.
- Improvement of managing continuously shot images as a group. Please refer to the HelpGuide for updated function usage.