The Fujifilm GFX 50R is a digital Compact System Camera designed for enthusiast photographers. It features the 51.4-Megapixel Medium format CMOS sensor which is capable of recording Full HD video at up to 1920×1080 (30p/25p/24p/23.98p).
Ideal for street and documentary photography, the Fujifilm GFX 50R camera is priced for $4499: $2000 less than the original price of GFX 50s. Check availabiliy at stores BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS and GFX 50R sample images here. Now let’s look at the Fujifilm GFX 50R top features by Fujiguys.
Below is a summary of what you will learn about in this video if you’re new to Fujifilm cameras and recently picked up a Fujifilm GFX50R:
- 2nd GFX Camera
- Rangefinder designed
- 3.69Million Dot EVF
- 0.77x magnification makes it easy to look through
- 3.2-inch LCD Screen that is highly customizable
- Display back can remove all of the information
- View mode lets you do LCD only/EVF only/or auto-switch between them.
- 7 customizable buttons
- Can customize 4 swipe spots on the LCD too
- Can also customize the command dial
- Holding display back brings up the customize menu
- Dual UHS-2 Slots that the camera can use to write RAW files faster
- Sequential writing to the card slots will write everything to the first card until full and then the second
- Backup writing will write a copy of your photos to each card slot
- RAW/JPEG will write your RAW files to the first slot and JPEG to the second slot
- If you play an image back and want to delete it the only way to have it removed from the first and second slot is to hit menu after play and then turn on simultaneously delete.
- Bluetooth allows the wifi connection to work better.
- Connecting your camera is easy using a QR code and the Fujifilm App
- You can sync the date/time with your phone so your camera time auto updates and is accurate
- You can connect up to 7 devices to your camera
- Bluetooth doesn’t take much power
- The camera will auto ping the phone every 5 minutes or so to get new time/location information
- You can auto copy a 3MP file or a full-size file to your phone
- Auto transfer happens in playback mode or when you power down your camera
- You can use your phone as remote control for the camera and it uses Bluetooth
- You can focus bracket to capture a sharp image from the foreground to the background when the depth of field is not sharp.
- Landscapes should consist of a 20 image capture, but macro probably 100 to get a sharp image with focus bracketing
- With focus bracketing, you probably want to set it for 5 steps for landscape and 10 for macro
- You can also delay each focus bracketing shot
- Focus bracketing should start with the closest subject.
- There are a lot of lens adapters for the GFX now and you can use a 35mm crop mode if you use full frame glass without a big enough image circle that is under the shooting menu.
- RAW support is growing and now includes Capture One
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".