Fujifilm has launched the X–T30, a new mirrorless interchangeable lens camera that is the successor to the X-T20. The latest addition to the Fuji X-series line-up, the Fujifilm X–T30, has a lot in common with the more expensive X-T3.
The camera offers the same 26.1MP X-Trans sensor and X-Processor 4 Quad Core-CPU found in the X-T3 and adds improved autofocus that will come to the X-T3 later via a firmware update.
FUJIFILM X-T30 Specifications
- 26.1M BSI APS-C X-Trans CMOS 4
- X-Processor 4 quad-core CPU
- 100% phase detect AF across the entire frame
- Excellent face and eye detection AF with new Face Selection option
- 2.36M-dot OLED EVF
- 3 inch 1.04M-dot 2-way tilting Touch LCD with smooth and fast drag controls
- 4K/30p, Full HD 120fps, H.264 compression option
- External HDMI recording capable of 4:2:2 10 bit quality
- 1x SD UHS-I card slot • Built-in Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth V.4.2
- Headphone Jack via USB-C Adapter (3rd Party)
- NP-W126S battery
Fujifilm X-T30 Key Features
- Professional Performance: The 26.1MP BSI APS-C X-Trans CMOS 4 image sensor and X-Processor 4 quad-core CPU combination allows for reliable and accurate AF and Face Detection performance when capturing high-resolution stills or recording 4k video of moving subjects.
- Advanced Image Quality: The new X-Processor 4 Quad Core-CPU doubles the speed of face-detection for moving people compared to the X-T20. Additionally, eye-detection AF now works in AF-C mode, which results in accurate focus-tracking for moving portrait subjects. The low-light limit for phase detection AF has been expanded even more from the conventional +0.5EV to -3EV, to allow for operation in a wide range of lighting scenarios.
- Superior Video and Image Effects: Offers the ability to record 4K video at 30 frames per second or capture of 120 frames per second at 1080p to create super slow motion effects. Filmmakers needing high color fidelity can record 10-bit, 4:2:2 color through the camera’s HDMI port. Leveraging Fujifilm’s advanced color reproduction technology, users are able to record video in ‘Film Simulation’ modes. The X-T30 also incorporates numerous shooting functions, such as “monochrome adjustments” available for ACROS and Monochrome, and “Color Chrome” effect that produces uniquely deep colors and gradation in subjects with highly saturated colors, which are notoriously difficult to photograph.
- Easy-to-Use Design: Offers 3 inch touch LCD with 2-way tilting and optimal touch screen to capture images easily in challenging situations. Provides advanced SR Auto mode –easily activated with a lever — to automatically choose the optimum shooting settings out of 58 presets for any given scene.
- Mobility: Built-in Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth V.4.2 offers digital communication with the free FUJIFILM Camera Remote app to wirelessly control the camera or share images to smart devices.
Carrying on with the tradition of the FUJIFILM X-T10 (released in June 2015), and the FUJIFILM X-T20 (released in February 2017), the new model retains the X Series’ signature dial-based, manual controls and proprietary color reproduction technology, along with a complete range of shooting functions designed to attract a broad range of users from professional photographers and independent filmmakers to first-time beginners.
Also join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".