More information about the Olympus E-M5 Mark III camera surfaced online. In an interview at Imaging Resource, Olympus representatives confirmed that a new OM-D E-M5 camera is in the works. Even the name is not mentioned we can expect it to be the Olympus E-M5 Mark III camera.
Olympus explains the delay for the next OM-D E-M5 camera due to shifting of production plant from China to Vietnam. They have also assured that new Olympus Pro lenses are coming prior to the rumored 150-400mm lens in 2020.
From the interview, the executive clearly states that the company focuses on compact and lightweight products, high-resolution lenses, and strong image stabilization.
Official announcement of Olympus E-M5 Mark III camera expected in late 2019. Check out the rumored E-M5 III specs and predictions.
Rumored Olympus E-M5 III specifications
- Same sensor as the Olympus E-M1 Mark II (should be second-generation 20-megapixel Live MOS sensor)
- 121-point contrast AF point
- 50 MP super resolution mode
- 1/8000 second highest shutter speed
- Max 15fps continuous shooting speed
- Video DCI 4K / 24p and UHD 4K / 30p
- 3 inch 1.04 million pixel multi-angle back screen
- 236 million pixels 1.3 magnification electronic viewfinder
As always take it with grain of salt. Stay tuned with us for more information and please feel free to relay your comments, or suggestions.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".