Iridient Digital has released Iridient Developer Version 3.2 update. The raw image file conversion and photo processing software for Mac OS fixes several issues.
Iridient Developer 3.2 is another Adobe Lightroom alternative that is designed primarily with Fujifilm Cameras in mind. The latest version of the software adds support for the latest RAW camera models like Fujifilm X-E3 camera.
This update also improves several libraries to latest versions and fixes bugs.
Iridient Developer 3.2 Released
- New Features:
- New Lightroom plug-in for faster, easier round trip transfer of RAW images from Lightroom to Iridient Developer and back.
- New option added to easily invert negatives.
- Support added for RAW images from the Fujifilm X-E3.
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed issue with loading PEF format images from Pentax KP where the image would be all white. This issue did not effect DNG format images.
- Fixed default crop values for 24MP Fujifilm models when using compressed format to match up with camera JPEG and uncompressed RAF images.
- Fixed an issue with the baseline exposure levels for RAF images from the Fujifilm GFX 50S at extended ISO values of 51200 and 102400.
- Improved per body white balance calibration for recent Fujifilm models.
- Improved handling of automatic lens vignetting correction for some body/lens combinations for RAF images from recent Fujifilm X series models.
- Improved default camera profile for the Fujifilm GFX 50S.
- Improved GPS metadata coordinate precision for some GPS units and image formats (Fujifilm RAF).
- Updated default DNG color matrix values for new models added in Adobe Camera RAW through version 10.0.
- TIFF export libraries updated (libTIFF 4.0.8).
- PNG export libraries updated (libpng 1.6.32).
Iridient Developer Version 3.2 update can be downloaded from here.
New Meike L Bracket Hand Grips are available for Fujifilm X-T2, X-T1 and X-Pro2 mirrorless cameras.
MEIKE, Metal hand grip for Fujifilm improves the grip on the camera and reduces the chances of camera shake, especially when using heavy, large aperture lenses.
The grips are made from aluminium alloy. The Arca-Swiss compatible models can be left in place when using a tripod and enables users to change the battery and SD card without having to remove the grip from the body.
Meike L Bracket Hand Grips are available for Fujifilm X-T2, X-T1 and X-Pro2
- Solid and comfortable holding vertical handgrip for Fuji X pro2 digital camera
- The camera battery and SD card can be freely taken out without removing the grip
- Standard 1/4″ stainless screw allows you to mount it on tripod easily
- Easy to mount and remove
- Give your camera good protection
Sony released a new firmware update for the FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS and FE 100-400mm F4.5–5.6 GM OSS lenses.
Both lenses upgraded to firmware ver0.3. This upgrade improves the continuous autofocus (AF-C) performance while zooming when they are attached to the Sony A9 camera.
For updating the firmware of your Sony lens, just connect it to the camera and follow the steps given on the firmware update page. More dteails and download links can be found below.
Sony FE 70-200mm & 100-400mm GM lens firmware updates released
Benefits and Improvements
- Improves continuous autofocus (AF-C) performance while zooming in when attached to ILCE-9 *1
*1: Latest system software update required.
Download F2.8 70-200mm zoom G Master lens Firmware Update Ver0.3
The FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM features special coatings (Nano AR and fluorine), a floating focusing system for improved AF performance. The lens offers a minimum focusing distance of just 0.96m (~3.15ft), a SSM and dual linear motors.
Download FE 100-400mm F4.5–5.6 GM OSS lens Firmware Update Ver0.3
The FE 100-400mm F4.5–5.6 GM OSS is compatible with both the 1.4x (model SEL14TC) and 2.0x (model SEL20TC) teleconverters, allowing photographers and videographers to shoot at up to 800mm on full-frame cameras and approx.1200mm (35mm full-frame equivalent) on APS-C cameras.
Samyang / Rokinon AF 35mm f/1.4 FE lens price is finally announced. The US pricing of the newly announced optic is $799.
That’s a fair price for this kind of fast aperture full-frame lens with Autofocus system . It’s almost the half price of the Sony-Zeiss 35mm f/1.4 FE lens ($1,598).
You can purchase the Rokinon AF 35mm f/1.4 FE Lens for Sony E-mount fro the B&H store.
Rokinon AF 35mm f/1.4 FE lens now available for pre-order
The Samyang AF 35mm f/1.4 FE lens is specifically designed to work with full frame mirrorless cameras in Sony E mount. For full frame sensors, the focal length resembles the human eye the most. For APS-C size image sensor cameras like Sony A6500 and A5000 series users the lens is equivalent to approximately 52mm.
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Two Aspherical Elements, Two HR Elements
- Ultra Multi-Coating
- Autofocus with Manual Focus Override
- Internal Focusing Design
- Nine-Blade Diaphragm
Olympus 17mm F1.2 and 45mm F1.2 PRO lenses are coming on October 26, 2017. First images of the bright prime lenses are also leaked on the web.
PhotoPlus Expo is one of the biggest imaging shows of the year. It will open its doors on October 25, but only the press and retail partners will be cleared for access on that date. Most of the announcement will occur during the first day, while 24 hours later the public will finally be able to see the new products in action.
Olympus 17mm f/1.2 and 45mm f/1.2 PRO lenses will become official on October 26 at PhotoPlus Expo 2017.
Olympus 17mm f/1.2 and 45mm f/1.2 PRO lenses to be announced on October 26
One of the major benefits of the Micro Four Thirds system is the comparatively small size of the lenses. On the other hand both the Olympus 17mm f/1.2 and 45mm f/1.2 PRO lenses will be slightly bigger. The weight and dimensions vary because of the PRO lens advantages.
On the other hand Olympus might use the Panasonic LEICA DG NOCTICRON 42.5mm F1.2 lens as a benchmark for its 45mm f/1.2 PRO.
First images of the upcoming Olympus 17mm f/1.2 and 45mm f/1.2 PRO lenses have been leaked online.
Here is our expectation of the popular video-centric mirrorless, Sony A7SIII camera. The A7S-series Sony is one of the most popular interchangeable-lens camera in the company’s lineup.
Undoubtedly, the videographers who need 4K internat recording as well as 120fps slow-motion at 1080p with built-in 5 axis image stabilization, the full-frame E-mount model becomes ideal for their needs.
Sony has been rumored to introduce a new A7-series camera in late 2017. The device in question would be the third model that would be the replacement of Sony A7SII. There is no signal of a successor model from the beginning of 2017. In this post you’ll find what we expect from Sony A7SIII camera.
Our expectations about the Sony A7SIII camera
The rumor mill didn’t provide when will be the mirrorless camera become official. As a result Sony A7SIII camera price and release date information remains unknown. First let’s remember the A7SII specs and details.
The A7SII comes packed with a 12.2MP Exmor CMOS sensor with full pixel readout. The mirrorless camera features a sensitivity up to ISO 409600; wide dynamic range; 5-axis image stabilization and internal recording of 4K movies.
Expectations for Sony A7SIII camera
The company is on the verge to announce a new full frame mirrorless camera called the Sony A7SIII. Here are our thoughts and expectations for the A7SIII camera.
- Same 24-Megapixel Sensor as the Alpha A9
- Full frame 6K sensor readout
- Same A9 PDAF
- 4:2:2 internal 10-bit
- 4K video at 60fps
- S-LOG and picture profiles
- Price below $3,000
We hope the Sony A7SIII camera will arrive in late 2017. Please feel free to relay your comments, or suggestions.
Iridient Digital has released the final version of the Iridient X-Transformer 1.0 update.
The raw image file conversion and photo processing software for Mac OS fixes several issues.
The program adds support for the latest RAW camera model the rangefinder Fujifilm X-E3. See below for the update details and download links.
Iridient X-Transformer 1.0 Released
Release Date: October 12, 2017 Version History
1.0 – October 12, 2017 (Maintenance Release)
- New Features:
- Support added for the Fujifilm X-E3.
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed an issue with some versions of macOS (10.9 or earlier and 10.13) where the first image converted would sometimes would be all black or mostly black.
- Fixed a Mac specific issue where images located on some NAS shares could not be loaded.
Meike has announced a new metal hand grip for Fujifilm X-T10 and X-T20 cameras.
The grip is made from aluminium alloy and provides protection as well as allowing the user to attach the camera to a tripod and access the battery/SD card compartments without removing it. The battery compartment can be opened wonderfully, all the controls are still within easy reach.
New Meike metal hand grip for Fujifilm X-T10 and X-T20 cameras is available for sale on major stores.
Meike Metal Hand Grip for Fujifilm X-T10 and X-T20 cameras
- Fits Fuji mirrorless camera X-T20 X-T10
- Light to carry,comfortable to hold
- Standard 1/4 tripod screw:you can mount it to tripod staightly
- SD cards and rechargeable battery can still be easily opened
- It expands the body with an Arca-Swiss compatible track,makes it much easier to hold and operate the camera
Panasonic has released a major firmware update ver.2.1 for their GH5 Micro Four Thirds camera. Check out the Panasonic GH5 firmware update Ver2.1 details and download links below.
The Panasonic GH5 is the world’s first camera that records 4K 60p / 50p and 4K 30p 4: 2: 2 10-bit video.
This is a quick one and for users who are already upgraded to major Ver2.0 firmware should make this upgrade. The new firmware update ver.2.1 fixes several bugs that were found after updating the firmware to Ver.2.0.
Panasonic GH5 Firmware Update Ver.2.1 Released
Following bugs were found after updating the firmware to Ver.2.0 but now they have been fixed.
- [Power Save LVF Shooting] was automatically set to [1 sec].
(This makes the camera go into sleep mode in 1 sec in a standby mode.)
* [Power Save LVF Shooting] will be set to [OFF] when the firmware Ver.2.0 is updated to Ver.2.1.
If you would like to enable [Power Save LVF Shooting], please set it on manually by selecting a designated time.
- The parameters of picture quality adjustment in Photo Style were all set to -5 when setting the recording mode to [MP4 HEVC(AAC)]. This bug has been fixed.
* The parameters of picture quality adjustment in Photo Style will be reset to ±0 when the firmware Ver.2.0 is updated to Ver.2.1.
If you would like to adjust the picture quality in Photo Style, please adjust them manually.
- There were cases where [V-LogL View Assist] did not work, This bug has been fixed.
- There were cases where motion pictures recorded in [AVCHD] cannot be divided. This bug has been fixed.
Download Panasonic GH5 Firmware Update Ver.2.1
Sony is on the verge to announce a new FE 20mm f/2.8 lens designed for its full-frame E-mount system.
This would be another budget-friendly optic just like the 50mm f/1.8 FE and 28mm f/2.0 FE. Official announcement of the product expected by the end of 2017.
The upcoming FE 20mm f/2.8 lens would be a relatively compact model like A-mount version. It is expected to be in a slim and lightweight package. More details after the break!
Sony FE 20mm f/2.8 lens to be announced soon
The Tokyo-based company already has the Sony E 20mm f/2.8 for its mirrorless system cameras. This will be the FE (full-frame E mount) version of the current lens.
This means you will be able to use this lens with Sony full-frame E-mount cameras like the A7 and A9, or with APS-C sensor cameras, such as the A6500. Cameras with crop factor gets an effective 30mm equivalent focal length.
The wide-angle is more suitable for most types of photography, including landscape, portrait, and street. We expect the lens to be lightweight as the E-mount version. That model weighs only 69 grams / 2.4 ounces.
When it comes to the price, the FE 20mm f/2.8 lens is expected to be priced around $399. Stay tuned with us for more information.