Fujifilm has announced that it will release firmware update for the X-Pro2 mirrorless camera. The new firmware update version 2.0 will arrive on October 6, 2016.
Firmware version 2.0 for X-Pro2 camera updates the autofocus algorithm to be in-line with the just-announced X-T2. The firmware update also improves parallax correction when using the OVF and adds support for the new EF-X500 external flash.
The X-Pro2 has been released at the beginning of March 2016 for a price of $1,699. It comes packed with a 24.3-megapixel APS-C-format X-Trans CMOS III image sensor with a maximum ISO sensitivity of 51200.
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Firmware Version 2.0 Will Be Released on October 6, 2016
Detail of the update includes
Firmware Update V.2.0 Key Features:
- The new autofocus algorithm* (found in the new FUJIFILM X-T2) produces faster and more accurate autofocus.
- Excludes the new AF-C Custom Settings functions.
- Compatibility with the new hot-shoe mount FUJIFILM EF-X500 flash. The camera will now support high-speed flash sync and multi-flash lighting.
- AUTO POWER OFF will now have 15 second, 30 second, and 1 minute options, allowing more customizable power management.
- The parallax correction function will be improved to provide a more accurate and easier-to-use Optical Viewfinder.