Olympus has announced the M.Zuiko Digital ED 25mm f/1.2 PRO standard prime lens.
The 25mm F1.2 Pro is a bright portrait lens with a 50mm equivalent focal length. The ground-up splashproof and dustproof design promises high resolution wide-open, as well as fast autofocus and well-controlled chromatic aberration.
Additionally, the lens boasts a “very fast” AF and Olympus’ advanced Z Coating Nano, which effectively reduces flaring and ghosts for even sharper, clearer images. The robust, metal-build lens features a maximum magnification of 0.11x (35mm equivalent: 0.22x) and weighs in at 410g.
|Check the camera stores for availability|
|Olympus 25mm f/1.2 PRO||$1,199.95||Amazon|
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 25mm f/1.2 PRO Lens Becomes Official
The optic boasts a superior optical design with 19 lens elements in 14 groups that thoroughly prevents aberration, distortion and fringing to achieve superb resolution and beautiful defocusing effects from its widest aperture setting of f1.2.
The M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 25mm f/1.2 PRO incorporates the latest optical technology to deliver highest edge-to-edge resolution results. Together with the exceptionally bright 1:1.2 maximum lens aperture, professional performance is assured in even the most challenging shooting environments. Furthermore, advanced Z Coating Nano guarantees the reduction of ghosting and flaring for even sharper, clearer image perfection.
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 25mm f/1.2 PRO Lens Highlights
- Micro Four Thirds System Lens
- 50mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.2 to f/16
- Three Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- One Aspherical Element
- Four High Refractive Index Elements
- MSC High-Speed Imager AF System
- Internal Focusing, MF Clutch
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- Nine-Blade Diaphragm
- This lens features dustproof and splashproof construction. When combined with the Olympus OM-D series, users can take advantage of all types of shooting environments.
- This optic boasts the same high-quality metal exterior design as the other lenses in the M.ZUIKO PRO series. It is equipped with the Manual Focus Clutch mechanism. A depth of field scale is included on the lens for pan focusing. And the L-Fn button on the lens barrel allows you to pause autofocus and assign other custom settings.
- Close-up performance is supported by a minimum focusing distance of 30 cm (working distance of 19.5 cm). It provides a maximum shooting magnification of 0.11x (35mm equivalent: 0.22x).
The Olympus 25mm f/1.2 PRO lens will become available in October 2016 and will retail at a recommended price of $1199.99.