First Olympus E-PL8 specs has been leaked online ahead of the official announcement.
The PEN E-PL8 from Olympus will replace the current PEN E-PL7 camera which has been introduced back in August, 2014. The official announcement will be before or at the Photokina 2016 event. Along with the E-PL8 model, the company will announce the rumored three new lenses, OM-D E-M1 Mark II camera and FL-900R flash.
From the leaked Olympus E-PL8 specs we can see that the upcoming PEN-series model will feature 16-megapixel MFT sensor just like the previous model.
Olympus E-PL8 specs leaked, coming at Photokina 2016
We have shared the first pictures of the Micro Four Thirds camera before. Even it will have major changes when compared to the previous version sensor will remain the same.
An articulated 3″ touch LCD, capable of flipping downward by 180° for selfie shooting has been welcome for the first time with the PEN E-PL7. So a similar tilting LCD display makes sense for the new model.
Rumored Olympus E-PL8 specs
- Color: Black White Brown
- Sensor: 16MP 4⁄3 type Live MOS sensor
- Image processing engine: TruePic VII
- AF distance measuring point: 81 area
- Continuous shooting: up to 8.5 frames / sec (continuous shooting H), up to 3.7 frames / second (continuous shooting L)
- Anti-shake: the body 3-axis camera shake correction about 3.5 stages
- Rear LCD: 3.0-inch about 1.04 million dot movable touch panel LCD (movable range: above about 80 degrees, below about 180 degrees)
- ISO: LOW (100 equivalent) – 25600
- Shutter speed: 1 / 4,000 to 60 seconds, bulb / time photography
- Media: SD / SDHC / SDXC card (UHS-I / II compatible)
- Battery: BLS-50
- 14 kinds of art filter
- Wi-Fi built-in (IEEE 8.02.1b / g / n)
Olympus FL-900R flash
- Guide number: 58 (ISO100 · m), when the wide panel use 14 (ISO100 · m)
- Irradiation angle: 12-100mm (35mm equivalent 24-200mm), wide panel when using 7-10mm (35mm equivalent 14-20mm)
- Size: 81.2 mm x 121.4 mm x 125.2 mm