Olympus E-M1 Mark II release date is confirmed and the MFT camera will start shipping from December 22, 2016.
The official statement comes from Olympus Japan. It says that the new OM-D E-M1 Mark II camera and its accessories will start shipping on December 22. More buzz after the break!
Olympus E-M1 Mark II release date will be sooner than expected
The flagship Micro Four Thirds camera features a 20.4-megapixel Live MOS sensor. The shooter has 121 cross-type AF on-sensor phase detection points.can also shoot 4K video, including the wider aspect ratio ‘DCI’ Cinema 4K at up to 236mbps. The native ISO sensitivity ranges between 200-25,600, which can be expanded down to 64 ISO. It does not have an anti-aliasing filter.
Olympus E-M1 Mark II Key Features
- 20-megapixels sensor
- ISO 64
- 25% higher resolution than the predecessor model
- TruePic VIII Image Processor which is 3.5 times faster than previous TruePic processors
- 121 cross-type AF on-sensor phase detection points
- 4K recording at 24fps up to 237 Mbps
- 1.48x (35mm equivalent) high-magnification EVF
- 60 frames per second in AF and AE lock, and up to 18 frames per second with continuous AF and AE tracking.
- 50 Megapixel High Res Shot Mode
- Dual memory card slots
- Improved battery capacity of 37 percent from its predecessor model.
- Weathersealed to be dustproof, splashproof, and freezeproof (down to 14°F / -10°C)
The Olympus E-M1 Mark II release date will be on December 22, 2016.