Fujifilm announces its third compact, light and weather-resistant lens for its X-Series cameras; the FUJINON XF 50mm F2 R WR.
After this announcement, the trio of the WR lenses becomes as the XF 35mm F2, 23mm F2 and XF 50mm F2 R WR.
This new model offers the same dust and water resistance and is freezeproof to 14°F/-10°C. The lens features a focal length equivalent to 76mm in the 35mm film format. As with all Fuji primes the maximum aperture of F2.0 provides smooth and beautiful bokeh.
The compact and stylish optic also offers high speed AF and weighs just 200g. The Fujifilm FUJINON XF 50mm F2 R WR will be available in black and silver from February 23, 2017 with $449 at Amazon.
Fujifilm XF 50mm F2 R WR lens becomes official
The XF 50mm F2 R WR is a mid-telephoto that compromises 9 elements in 7 groups. The construction includes one aspherical ED lens, and has an inner focusing system, driven by a stepping motor for fast and silent autofocusing.
Metal parts are used extensively on the exterior for a stylish, robust design with a premium feel. The aperture and focusing rings have been designed to be comfortable and easy to use.
It will also continue to operate in temperatures as low as -10°C. Used with the weather and dust-resistant FUJIFILM X-Pro2 or X-T2 bodies means users can shoot confidently in light rain or dusty environments.
Fujinon XF 50mm F2 R WR lens specifications
- Lens construction : 9 elements 7 groups (includes 1 aspherical ED element）
- Focal length : (35mm format equivalent) f=50mm (76mm)
- Angle of view : 31.7°
- Max. aperture: F2
- Min. aperture F16
- Number of blades : 9 rounded diaphragm opening
- Stop size : 1/3EV (19 steps)
- Focus range : 39cm～∞
- Max. magnification : 0.15x
- Diameter x Length (approx.) :（distance from camera lens mount flange）60.0mm x 59.4mm
- Weight (approx.) (excluding caps, hoods ）: 200g
- Filter size: 46mm
- Accessories included : Lens cap FLCP-46, Lens rear cap RLCP-001, Lens hood Wrapping cloth