Sony officially announces the Sony a7RIII full frame E-mount camera.
This is a high-res full frame camera capable of 10 fps shooting with AF. Sony A7RIII features 42mp BSI CMOS sensor, 10fps continuous shooting with AF. Updated design includes dual SD card slots, and 5-axis sensor based image stabilisation with up to 5.5 stops.
The new camera also gets the 3.69M-dot OLED viewfinder from the a9, providing a 1280 x 720 resolution view. Sony claims 15 stops of dynamic range and 14-bit Raw capture across more of its shooting modes, though it still drops to 12-bit when shooting 10 fps uncompressed Raw.
4K video recording now supports HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) for HDR video recording, and instant playback with compatible 4K HDR TVs.
The Sony a7R III (model ILCE-7RM3) will start shipping from November at a recommended selling price of $3199.
Sony a7RIII Full Frame Camera Officially Announced
Sony a7RIII specifications
- 42.4 MP with 10 FPS Continuous Shooting with either Mechanical or Electronic Shutter
- Completely new Low vibration shutter
- Uses the new NP-FZ100 Lithium-Ion Battery (from Sony a9)
- USB 3.1 Type-C Tethering Connection
- Dual SD Card Slots
- PC Terminal
- Pixel Shift Multi Shooting combines four sequential captures to eliminate color interpolation
- New LSI and Image Processor for better image quality from the same 42.4 mp sensor used in a7RII
- 4K HDR with Hybrid-Log-gamma S-Log3
- Enhanced Eye AF
- 5.5 Step 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- 15 Stop Dynamic Range
- Compatible with Sony VG-C3EM Vertical Grip (from Sony a9)
Sony A7RIII Product Videos
Sony A7RIII Sample Images
Sony A7RIII full press text can be found here.