Along with the A7R Mark III camera, Sony has introduced the new FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS standart zoom lens. This is a wide-angle to short-telephoto zoom designed for Sony full frame E-mount mirrorless cameras.
The lens has a close focusing distance of 38cm, is weather-sealed, and is said to be the lightest lens of this type in its class, weighing 663g.
The construction of the lens consists of 17 elements, arranged into 14 groups with 4 aspherical and 3 ED elements.
Sony announces FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS Lens
FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS Lens Features:
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- 4 Aspherical Elements, 3 ED Elements
- Nano AR and Fluorine Coatings
- Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave AF Motor
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Internal Focus Design
- Focus Hold Button; AF/MF Switch
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Rounded Nine-Blade Diaphragm
Sony FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS standart zoom lens will ship this November for about $1,300 US.