The new Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens Firmware Update Version 05 is now available for download at Sony Support.
The FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM features special coatings (Nano AR and fluorine), a floating focusing system for improved AF performance. The lens offers a minimum focusing distance of just 0.96m (~3.15ft), a SSM and dual linear motors.
For updating the firmware of your Sony lens, just connect it to the camera and follow the steps given on the firmware update page. More dteails and download links can be found below.
Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens Firmware Version 05 Released
This update (version 05) improves the accuracy of the contrast AF at distant shooting, making it easier to focus when the aperture is narrowed down to F11 or higher.
Benefits provided by previous updates included in version 05:
- Resolves an issue where some products may not operate properly after updating to version 03
- Improves AF-C (continuous AF) performance for zooming when attached to an ILCE-9 camera (requires the latest ILCE-9 Camera Firmware Update)
- Improves the startup speed when using the ILCE-9
- Adds supports for continuous, blackout free shooting of up to 20 frames per second when using the ILCE-9
- Improves the autofocus tracking performance during continuous shooting of still images
Download F2.8 70-200mm zoom G Master lens Firmware Update Ver0.5
- Download F2.8 70-200mm zoom G Master lens Firmware Update Ver0.5 from Sony USA
- Download F2.8 70-200mm zoom G Master lens Firmware Update Ver0.5 from Sony Australia