Olympus has officially announced the new PEN E-PL9 mirrorless camera with Micro 4/3rds image sensor.
At first glance the Olympus E-PL9 looks very much like its predecessor, the E-PL8, sporting a similar rangefinder-like retro design. On other hand the core specifications of the PEN E-PL9 has lots of improvements.
The PEN E-PL9 uses the 16MP Live MOS sensor as well as the same TruePic VIII processor found on the E-M10 Mark III. They also have the same 121-point contrast-detect AF system with face and eye detection.
Main improvements on the PEN E-PL9 are the 4K video recording, 5-axis image stabilisation, a built-in pop-up flash, and Bluetooth. The camera now records 4K video at 30/25/24fps, and the 5-axis image stabilisation will help keep videos steady and smooth.
The PEN E-PL9 will come bundled with the 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ‘EZ’ power zoom lens. It will be available from mid-March including colors with black, brown, white and a limited edition blue. The camera will be available outside of North America for €699 with the kit lens. Pricing and availability in North America will be announced later.
Olympus PEN E-PL9 officially announced with 4K and Bluetooth
The PEN E-PL9 now offers Bluetooth LE connectivity, in addition to wi-fi. You can use this to pair the camera with your smartphone, and also transfer images from your camera to your phone, even if the E-PL9 is turned off.
Key Features via (dailycameranews)
- 16.1MP Live MOS Sensor
- TruePic VIII Image Processor
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot 180° Flip Touchscreen
- 4K Video Recording at 30/25/24fps
- FullHD video recording at 60p, stereo sound
- ISO100 to ISO25600 (extended)
- Built-In Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Connectivity
- 121-Area FAST AF with Small Target AF
- Up to 8.5 fps Shooting
- 5-Axis In-Body VCM Image Stabilization
- Enhanced Selfie Modes and Controls
- HDR, Focus Peaking
- Two new art filters
- Built-in Popup Flash
- Updated Grip
- Available in black/silver, white/silver, and brown/silver
- M.Zuiko 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II R Lens