The _Panasonic GX9_ is a premium rangefinder-style camera with Micro Four Thirds image sensor. It comes with a sleek design aimed at street photographers. Everything you need to know about the Panasonic Lumix GX9, including impressions and analysis, photos, video, release date, prices, specs.
The GX9 incorporates the same 20MP Micro Four Thirds sensor as its predecessor, but omits the low-pass filter found on previous models. The GX9 does not offer weather-sealing, unlike the GX8 and G9.
The price of the GX9 has come down to $999 with a kit lens. This is $200 less when compared to $1199 for the GX8’s body only. Alongside the price drop, some features found on the GX8 are now gone. The GX9 does not offer weather-sealing, unlike the GX8 and G9.. The EVF is also smaller and battery life has dropped by about 25%, as well.
_Panasonic’s_ compact Micro 4/3rds street and travel shooter gets a solid upgrade with a 20-megapixel, low-pass filter-free sensor. The Panasonic GX9 specs also includes dual in-lens/in-
The most notable changes include the removal of the low-pass filter on the GX9’s 20MP sensor, 5-axis in-body image stabilization (up from 4-axis), slightly faster burst shooting and Bluetooth connectivity.
Panasonic GX9 Specifications
- 20.3MP Four Thirds sensor with no low-pass filter
- ‘Dual IS’ 5-axis in-body image stabilization
- Depth from Defocus contrast-detect AF
- Tilting 2.76M-dot electronic viewfinder
- 3″ 1.24M-dot touchscreen display
- 6 fps burst shooting with continuous AF
- 4K UHD video capture at 30p
- Built-in flash
- Redesigned shutter mechanism with electromagnetic drive
- New L. Monochrome D and Grain Effect color modes
- Wi-Fi + Bluetooth