For those who are desperately waiting Canon full frame mirrorless camera, the rumor mill suggests that the company has several new cameras in testing. We may see first product announcement in the first week of September.
The upcoming Canon full frame mirrorless camera and Canon EOS M5 Mark II are likely to be announced. Both cameras will be introduced at Photokina 2018 on September 26.
According to first Canon FF mirrorless camera specs, it will have a 30.4MP full frame sensor features similar to the EOS 5D Mark IV. As a result it is described as “EOS 5D Mark IV in a mirrorless body”.
You can take a look at rumored specs of Canon full frame mirrorless cameras.
- One is a 30.4MP full frame sensor, code name K424, already in testing, has features similar to the EOS 5D Mark IV. The other is a full frame image sensor around 24MP, code name K433, rumored to compete with Sony a7 III.
- Both full frame mirrorless cameras will shoot 4K video, and flagship model will have best video features.
- There could be a removable EVF on one of these cameras.
- Currently no plan on releasing a Canon full frame mirrorless camera to compete with Sony a7S III.
- New Canon mirrorless mount, rumors said that there will be a “sexy” solution to current EF mount.
- Both cameras will be shipped before middle of 2019, and there is no info on announcement date, previous rumors said that first Canon full frame mirrorless camera will be announced around Photokina 2018 in September.
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!