Panasonic has announced two new full frame mirrorless cameras at Photokina 2018. The new Panasonic FF cameras are the Panasonic S1 (24MP, 4K60p, Dual IS, Dual Card Slots) and Panasonic S1R (47MP, 4K60p, Dual IS, Dual Card Slots).
Below are top features:
- Capabilities with high definition and high level of expression achieved with the newly-developed 35 mm full-frame image sensor and image processing engine.
(Effective pixels: approximately 47M for the S1R and 24M for the S1)
- World’s first*1 support for 4K 60p video recording in a full-frame Digital Single Lens Mirrorless camera.
- World’s first*1 full-frame camera equipped with Dual I.S. (Image Stabilization), enabling handheld shots for dark or distant scenes that would previously have required a tripod or other equipment.
- A double slot for XQD memory cards and SD memory cards, the first for Panasonic; and a rugged triaxial tilt LCD, emphasizing ease of use and supporting professional photography and videography.
- Leica Camera’s L-Mount, making it possible to use interchangeable lenses that meet the L-Mount specifications of the partners*4 Leica Camera and Sigma. Expressiveness is further enhanced by increasing options for interchangeable lenses.
Release date for both S1 & S1R will be in early 2019. You can take a look at full press release here.