Here is everthing you need to know about the Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM Lens including features, construction, impressions and hands-on videos.
The new FE 24mm F1.4 GM utilizes Sony’s most advanced optical technologies to satisfy the needs of the most demanding photographers. The lens is the most compact and lightweight in its class measuring approx. 75mm x 92mm (3.0 x 3.64 inches) and weighing only 445 grams (15.7 ounces), with a filter diameter of 67mm.
The FE 24mm F1.4 GM has 10 groups with 13 elements, including two XA (extreme aspherical) and three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements. Sony’s Nano AR Coating is applied to reduce lens flare and ghosting. The US price for this lens is $1,398, check availability at Amazon | B&H Photo Video.
Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Lens Features
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Two XA Elements, Three ED Elements
- Nano AR and Fluorine Coatings
- Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave AF Motor
- AF/MF Switch; Internal Focus
- Focus Hold Button
- Physical Aperture Ring; De-Click Switch
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 11-Blade Diaphragm
Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Lens Sample Images
The lightweight lens design has been realized in part by the development of a new high power DDSSM (Direct Drive SSM) that delivers approximately three times greater thrust than the previous focus system. The lens has linear response when focusing manually, which is useful when recording video. A manual aperture ring and customizable focus hold button are also available.