You can watch the hands-on video below and some notes about the L-mount system. To underline a point, physically they say “the cameras are larger than the GH5. On the other hand holding the S1R in the hand feels pretty nice“. First check out this video where you can see a first hands-on video with the Panasonic S1 and S1R.
Panasonic S1 and S1R Coverage
- Both are FF cameras (the S1 with 24MP and the S1R with 47MP).
- Both are based on the L mount which is the same FF mount used by Leica SL cameras.
- Both will shoot 4K 60p video. * Both use 2 memory cards – SD and XQD.
- Both will have a top screen and a monitor which flips but also can rotate to the side (but is not fully articulated – sadly).
- The cameras are larger than the GH5 (but holding the S1R in the hand it feels pretty nice).
- There will be 3 initial lenses (at launch) from Panasonic – 24-105mm, 70-200mm (apertures unknown at this point) and a 50mm f/1.4 (Panasonic also promises to have 10 native lenses by 2020 plus quite a few lenses by Leica and possibly some by Sigma).
- Both cameras will have in body image stabilization (as well as some lenses that will also come stabilized).
More detailed coverage is available at Lensvid.
_Also join the Mirrorless Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Panasonic photography._