Canon EOS RP is the second full–_frame mirrorless camera _that joins _the EOS_ R launched last year. The _Canon EOS RP_ puts the power of full–_frame mirrorless_ into a small, lightweight EOS R series body, opening up exciting creative possibilities.
This is simply a mirrorless equivalent of theDSLR, boasting an aggressively competitive price and, for its class, an impressively lightweight body.
The body goes for only $1,300 (£1,400, AU$2,100), and comes in a kit with the RF 24-105mm f4 L lens for $2,400 (£2,330, no kit in Australia). At those prices, it’s competing with older models that have experienced price drops over the years, most notably the .
Canon EOS RP Key Specs
Canon EOS RP features a 26MP CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 processor, along with a Dual Pixel AF system. It has 4779 selectable AF points spread across an 88% horizontal / 100% vertical area of the frame. Canon is emphasizing the RP’s compact size – its 12.7 x 9.7 x 6.1 cm (5.0 x 3.8 x 2.4″) dimensions make it even smaller than a EOS Rebel T7i / 800D.
The EOS RP shoots 4K/24p and 1080/60p video and offers up to 5 fps burst shooting (4 fps with Servo AF in shooting speed priority mode). Like the EOS R it lacks in-body stabilization and will rely on on lens IS. The Canon EOS RP will start shipping from March for $1300 body-only, $1999 with the EF lens adapter and EF 24-105mm IS STM lens, or $2400 with the RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM.
Below are pre-order links:
- Canon EOS RP Body w/ EG-E1 Extension Grip & Canon Mount Adapter – $1,299.00 – Pre-order at B&H Photo/Adorama/Amazon
- Canon EOS RP Body w/ RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EG-E1 Extension Grip & Canon Mount Adapter – $2,199.00 – Pre-order at B&H Photo/Adorama/Amazon
- Canon EOS RP Body w/ EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, EG-E1 Extension Grip & Canon Mount Adapter – $1,699.00 – Pre-order at B&H Photo/Adorama/Amazon
Canon EOS RP At a Glance
- Lightest, smallest full-frame EOS camera
- RF Mount compatible with RF and EF/EF-S lenses
- High image quality with 26.2 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 image processor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for fast and accurate autofocus
- Excellent low-light performance
- Built-in EVF with 2.36 million dots, touch & drag AF
- Vari-angle touchscreen LCD
- 4K UHD 24P/Full HD 60p video recording with 4K time-lapse shooting and the ability to extract still images from 4K video recordings
- ISO range of 100-25,600 that is expandable up to ISO of 102,400
- Easy operation
- USB charge compatible
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology
- Mobile workflow
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!