The Fujifilm XF 16mm F2.8 R WR is a compact and lightweight wide-angle prime for the company’s APS-C mirrorless cameras. The lens is equivalent to 24mm when mounted on an X-series camera, such as the new X-T30. It has a total of 10 elements, two of which being aspherical, and nine rounded aperture blades.
The lens, which weighs just 155g/5.5oz, uses a stepping motor for ‘fast and quiet autofocus’ and can focus as close as 17cm/6.7in. The lens is weather-sealed at nine points around the barrel and can function at temperatures as low as -10°C/+14°F.
Fujifilm XF 16mm f/2.8 R WR Lens Specifications
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Max Format size||APS-C / DX|
|Focal length||16 mm|
|Lens mount||Fujifilm X|
|Number of diaphragm blades||9|
|Special elements / coatings||2 aspherical elements|
|Minimum focus||0.17 m (6.69″)|
|Motor type||Stepper motor|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Weight||155 g (0.34 lb)|
|Diameter||60 mm (2.36″)|
|Length||45 mm (1.77″)|
|Filter thread||49 mm|
Fujifilm XF 16mm f/2.8 R WR Lens Videos
FUJINON XF 16mmF2.8 R WR Lens
Designed to deliver the high performance resolution from Fujifilm’s X-TRANS CMOS sensors through its precise optical design, the XF16mmF2.8 R WR adopts an internal focusing system and stepping motor to provide extremely fast and near-quiet auto-focusing. Although light and compact, the design incorporates metal components on the exterior of the lens, while interior is sealed around the barrel in nine different locations to ensure durability and weather-resistance to the surrounding environment. The XF16mmF2.8 R WR joins the collection of affordable, compact, and lightweight lenses within the FUJINON XF Lens System, making it the perfect companion to the XF23mmF2 R WR, XF35mmF2 R WR, and XF50mmF2 R WR lenses.
- High Resolution Performance: Edge-to-edge sharpness from the center to the corners of the frame is achieved by the precise arrangement of 10 lens elements in 8 groups. This lens also includes two aspherical elements, which assist in suppressing the image degrading effects of chromatic aberration and field curvature imperfection.
- Compact, Lightweight and Stylish design: Weighing in at 5.47oz (155g) and measuring just 1.79in (45.4mm) in length, this lens offers up the renowned image quality and refined style associated with the FUJINON XF family of lenses. With its metal exterior, precise click stops, and smooth dampening, this lens offers incredible image quality in a durable, aesthetically pleasing appearance.
- Fast and Quiet Autofocus: The inner focusing AF system uses a stepping motor to move focusing elements into place through precise electrical pulses in order to achieve fast and near-silent autofocus performance.
- Weather and Dust Resistant Durability: The lens is designed to operate in temperatures as low as 14° Fahrenheit and is sealed at nine points around the barrel, making it both weather and dust resistant.
FUJINON XF16mmF2.8 R WR Optional Accessories:
- 49mm Front lens cap (FLCP-49)
- 49mm Protect filter (PRF-49)