More news about the L-Mount alliance between Leica, Panasonic, and Sigma. Sigma has announced that it will be releasing 11 of its highly-regarded Art prime lenses for the L-Mount and a new lens adapter. Pricing and availability for all of those lenses will be announced at a later date.
Here are the 11 Art lenses coming to the L-Mount (along with Sigma’s descriptions of them):
- 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art ($1,599): World’s First and Only Full-Frame F1.8 Ultra-Wide-Angle
- 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art ($899): Bright & Sharp Wide-Angle
- 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art ($849): Front Filter Compatible, Fast-Aperture Wide-Angle
- 28mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art ($1,399): Best in Class Performance
- 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art ($899): Groundbreaking Flagship Wide-Angle
- 40mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art ($1,399): Beyond Art Series Performance
- 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art ($949): Redesigned for High Megapixel DSLRs
- 70mm f/2.8 DG Macro Art ($569): First Macro to Join the Art Line
- 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art ($1,199): Award-Winning Ultimate Portrait Lens
- 105mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art ($1,599): The “Bokeh Master”
- 135mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art ($1,399): Award-Winning Prime with Reach
The lenses in this lineup feature high-speed autofocus and are compatible with AF-C mode, in-camera stabilization, and in-camera aberration correction. Each lens also features a surface treatment that enhances strength, a durable brass bayonet mount, and rubber sealing at the mount (for dust- and splash-proofing).
“The expansion of the beloved Sigma prime lens line along with the MC-21 converter will increase the extensibility of the L-Mount system and further Sigma’s role in the strategic L-Mount Alliance alongside Leica and Panasonic,” Sigma says.
The converter allows more freedom of choice for L-Mount cameras from SIGMA, Leica Camera and Panasonic, enhancing the extensibility of the L-Mount system. The adapter will allow a total of 29 Sigma lenses to be used on the L-Mount.