More information about the Olympus E-M5 Mark III camera surfaced online. In an interview at Imaging Resource, Olympus representatives confirmed that a new OM-D E-M5 camera is in the works. Even the name is not mentioned we can expect it to be the Olympus E-M5 Mark III camera.
Olympus explains the delay for the next OM-D E-M5 camera due to shifting of production plant from China to Vietnam. They have also assured that new Olympus Pro lenses are coming prior to the rumored 150-400mm lens in 2020.
From the interview, the executive clearly states that the company focuses on compact and lightweight products, high-resolution lenses, and strong image stabilization.
Official announcement of Olympus E-M5 Mark III camera expected in late 2019. Check out the rumored E-M5 III specs and predictions.
Rumored Olympus E-M5 III specifications
- Same sensor as the Olympus E-M1 Mark II (should be second-generation 20-megapixel Live MOS sensor)
- 121-point contrast AF point
- 50 MP super resolution mode
- 1⁄8000 second highest shutter speed
- Max 15fps continuous shooting speed
- Video DCI 4K / 24p and UHD 4K / 30p
- 3 inch 1.04 million pixel multi-angle back screen
- 236 million pixels 1.3 magnification electronic viewfinder
As always take it with grain of salt. Stay tuned with us for more information and please _feel free to_ relay your comments, or suggestions.